WWSF Grant Program
For Grant Funding in 2024
Applications Due - March 2
Recipients Announced - May 1
Receipts Due - December 1
Funds Sent By - December 31
Aqua Skiers (20, 18)
Balsam Lake (16)
Blue Spring Lake (18)
Central Wisconsin (22, 21, 20, 19)
Hydroflites (22, 21, 20, 18)
Plum Ski-Ters (22, 21, 18)
River City (22, 20, 17)
Rock Aqua Jays (21)
Ski Sprites (22, 17)
Twin Bridge (19)
Waterboard Warriors (20)
Purpose of the Grant Fund
The Wisconsin Water Ski Federation established a grant fund in support of our purpose, mission and objectives as well as to help teams and invdividuals become competitive within their respective sport disciplines.
The WWSF has distributed over $8,000 in grant funds since the first grants were awarded in 2017.
Funding & Distribution
Funding comes from 10% of membership dues collected each year and 100% of the proceeds from the WWSF Scott Coley Memorial Show Ski Open fun tournament typically held every other year. Occasionally, we received donations that are earmarked specifically for grants. Grant money available in a given year equals 50% of the funds allocated from the previous year.
Types of Grants
Teams affiliated with and invidiuals who are members, in good standing, of the Wisconsin Water Ski Federation may apply for any one of five different types of grants.
The travel subsidy provides assistance for teams and/or individuals to travel to regional and national competitions provided the team or individual has not participated in the previous three years and can prove a hardship that would prevent participation in the current year.
Entry Fee Subsidy
A team and/or individual may seek assistance for entry fees for regional and national competitions provided the team or individual has not participated in the previous three years and can prove a hardship that would prevent participation in the current year.
The equipment subsidy provides assistance for teams only who demonstrate a need to purchase new equipment for club use due to financial hardship because of membership growth or the lack thereof. Equipment subsidies are limited to skis, ropes, handles, straps or safety equipment such as rope releases, a backboard and radios. Purchase of club vehicles used for club business may be built-in on a one-time basis.
Training & Education Subsidy
The training subsidy provides assistance for teams and/or individuals who would like to bring in training or coaching expertise and assistance to develop team or individual skills for the purpose of reaching higher levels in future competitions.
Ski Site Improvement Subsidy
The ski site improvement subsidy provides assistance for such projects that make your site safer or more accessible for skiers and spectators as well as for use as a future competition site. (Site improvement plans must be submitted with grant requests that fall into this category.)
Grant Program Guidelines
- Grant requests must be for future spending (after the grant is approved), not for expenses already incurred.
- Grant requests to subsidize the cost of fundraising will be declined.
- Funds must be spent specifically for the purpose(s) approved by the WWSF Grants Committee. The purpose must be of direct and immediate benefit to you (for individual grants) or your organization (for team grants).
- Funds for education and training purposes may be used for offsetting travel and accommodations, but cannot be used for trainer fees or salaries.
- Grant requests to subsidize maintenance of vehicles, boats, trailers or other equipment of any kind will be declined.
- Financials and site improvement plans (if applicable) may be requested in some cases, as part of the approval process.
- Approved grant funds may not be held or carried over from one year to the next. If funds are not used in the year requested, funds will be forfeited and returned to the general grants fund. Teams and individuals have to apply for a new grant.
Purpose of the Wisconsin Water Ski Federation
The Wisconsin Water Ski Federation promotes water skiing, water safety, and good sportsmanship throughout Wisconsin and elsewhere; encourages and supports the formation of water ski clubs; serves as an educational, informational, and organizational center for water skiers in Wisconsin; disseminates information and news about water skiing; and presents annually the Think Tank Water Ski Convention & Expo, state championship events, and other events and activities in support of organizational objectives.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to make it easy for members and others to learn about, participate and compete in all disciplines of water skiing throughout Wisconsin and elsewhere. We fulfill this mission by organizing, promoting and supporting world-class water ski events and tournaments; providing everyone in Wisconsin an opportunity to learn how to water ski; and having the most members and teams affiliated with USA Water Ski & Wake Sports. By staying true to our mission, we will realize our vision of Wisconsin as the Water Ski Capital of the World.